Known Errors / News - 29th May 2022
- Version 5.4.9 has upgrades to GPS_USB and GPS_DBM enabling the import and export of Waypoints and Flight Plans, traditionally known as USR and RTE files, to/from Aera models.
- The User Manual has been updated and now comes in two versions, one for Serial Ports and one for USB ports and SD Cards.
- Uploads via USB3 ports, both firmware and navdata, have been known to fail. One work-around is to use a USB2 hub. If the failure occurs after the loader is uploaded successfully, you can remove the model from GPS_USB.ini "LoaderModels" list (temporarily) before trying again.
- 696 units should be updated using GPS_SDC and an SD Card. Not only is this much faster, but terrain updates fail via USB, and the manufacturer only uses the card method.
- Units which get the date wrong after 6th April 2019, typically G95 types, can be corrected by the program released by Garmin 20 years ago but fixes the problem again: GpsEow.zip
- The filenames have changed for Obstacles, AOPA data, and SafeTaxi, which now use a capital letter in the final part, eg: 21B1, 21D1, and 21S1.
- Please note that I can only answer questions and/or find faults in the CURRENT version. I do not keep copies of earlier versions, let alone remember any bugs they may have contained.
- Users making SD Cards to update G3X and G3XT units should enter the 13 digit hex system ID into the ESN box of the GPS_SDC setup dialog, as the Unit ID is an incorrect conversion to decimal.